Medical Image Analysis 2011
This course covers the principles and algorithms used in the processing and analysis of medical images. Topics include, interpolation, registration, enhancement, feature extraction, classification, segmentation, quantification, shape analysis, motion estimation, and visualization. Analysis of both anatomical and functional images will be studied and images from the most common medical imaging modalities will be used. Projects and assignments will provide students experience working with actual medical imaging data.
Prerequisites: 520.432 or 580.472 (Medical Imaging Systems) or 550.310 or 550.311. Probability and Statistics).
- Matlab tutorial
- Mipav - Opening images/image histograms
- Open an image in Mipav
- View an image's histogram
- Change the look up table (LUT)
- Adjust contrast by modifying the transfer function.
- Mipav - Contrast adjustment/triplanar view
- Adjust contrast using window/level
- Adjust contrast using "QuickLUT"
- View images using the triplanar view
- Mipav Transformation/Registration
- Apply a linear transformation using known parameters
- Run a linear registration algorithm
- Visualize registration results by overlaying the target and result images.
Mipav tutorials created using wink ;)