Revision as of 12:36, 13 January 2015 by Aaron (Rolled back to far.)
- Chuyang Ye successfully defends his PhD thesis titled "Fiber Tracking and Fiber Tract Segmentation Using Diffusion Tensor Imaging".
- Min Chen successfully defends his PhD thesis titled "Deformable Image Registration in the Analysis of Multiple Sclerosis".
- Details are made available about the 2015 Longitudinal Multiple Sclerosis Lesion Segmentation Challenge which will be held as part of the International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging. The challenge will involve teams applying their automatic lesion segmentation algorithms to MR neuroimaging data acquired at multiple time points from patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Jerry L. Prince will be speaking at the University of Utah on Friday, November 14, 2014. The topic will be "Medical Image Synthesis Methods and Applications".
- http://expo.tedco.md/). Conference participants -- including newly elected Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan -- had the opportunity to try the live EchoFind software demo themselves. Even first-time ultrasound users were able to accurately navigate the test phantom and the team received tremendous positive feedback on their successful demonstration.
- The IACL Lab in association with collaborators at the Henry M. Jackson Foundation, the Max Plank Institute, and the University of Iceland will be organizing the Longitudinal Multiple Sclerosis Lesion Segmentation Challenge as part of the 12th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2015), New York, NY, April 16 - 19, 2015.
- has his last day in the IACL Lab.
- Determining Functional Units of Tongue Motion via Graph-regularized Sparse Non-negative Matrix Factorization"' at MICCAI 2014. (doi) presented "
- Joshua V. Stough presented his collaboration with IACL "Automatic method for thalamus parcellation using multi-modal feature classification" at MICCAI 2014. (doi)
- Zhen Yang presented "Deep Learning for Cerebellar Ataxia Classification and Functional Score Regression" in the Machine Learning in Medical Imaging workshop at MICCAI 2014. (doi)
- (doi) presented "Subject Specific Sparse Dictionary Learning for Atlas Based Brain MRI Segmentation" in the Machine Learning in Medical Imaging workshop at MICCAI 2014.
- Murat Bilgel presented "Deformation Field Correction for Spatial Normalization of PET Images Using a Population-Derived Partial Least Squares Model" in the Machine Learning in Medical Imaging workshop at MICCAI 2014. (doi)
- Chuyang Ye presented "A Bayesian Approach to Distinguishing Interdigitated Muscles in the Tongue from Limited Diffusion Weighted Imaging" as part of the BAMBI Workshop at MICCAI 2014. (doi)
- IACL receives a 2014 NIH Grant for Segmentation and Registration of Macular SD-OCT with applications to Multiple Sclerosis.
- JHU Engineering magazine article describing our research understanding multiple sclerosis using optical coherence tomography:
- Min Chen's paper "Analysis of macular OCT images using deformable registration" appears in Biomedical Optics Express. (doi)
- Amod Jog presents two talks at the 11th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2014), Beijing, China, April 28 - May 2, 2014.
- Random Forest FLAIR reconstruction from T1, T2, and PD-weighted MRI
- Improving Magnetic Resonance Resolution with Supervised Learning
- Jerry L. Prince's book Medical Imaging Signals and Systems 2/E is released.
- The video and presentation from Fangxu Xing's 2013 MICCAI talk, titled "3D Tongue Motion from Tagged and Cine MR Images", is now available.
- Aaron Carass' paper "Multiple-object geometric deformable model for segmentation of macular OCT" appears in Biomedical Optics Express. (doi)
- IACL members presented papers for the Proceedings of SPIE Medical Imaging (SPIE-MI 2014), San Diego, CA, February 15-20, 2014.
- Andrew Lang presented "An adaptive grid for graph-based segmentation in macular cube OCT".
- Gunnar Sigurdsson presented "Smoothing fields of weighted collections with applications to diffusion MRI processing".
- Emily Swingle presented "Microcystic macular edema detection in retina OCT images".
- Snehashis Roy presented "MR to CT registration of brains using image synthesis" and "Example based lesion segmentation".