Chenyang Xu's Research Home Page
Current work on
level-set based active contours
Imaging'98, Summary due date: 4 August 1997, Manuscript due date:
26 January 1998.
International Conference on Computer Graphics and Imaging, June 1-4, 1998,
Halifax, Canada. Abstracts due Nov. 15, 1997, camera ready due date:
Apr. 2, 1998.
- 3rd IEEE Symposium on
IMAGE, SPEECH, NATURAL LANGUAGE SYSTEMS (ISNLS), Wahington, DC, May
21-33, 1998. Summary due date: Dec. 15, 1997, camera ready due date:
March 31, 1998.
- IEEE 1998
International Conference on Image Processing, Chicago, IL,
USA. Oct. 4-7, 1998. Paper proposals due: Jan. 16, 1998,
camera-ready papers due: Jun. 5, 1998.
- 4th International conference on
Functional Mapping of the Human Brain, June 7-12, 1998, Montreal,
- IEEE Workshop on Biomedical Image
Analysis June 26-27, 1998, Santa Barbara, CA, USA.
- First International Conference on
Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions
Oct. 11-13, 1998, Boston MA, USA.
- 16th International Conference On
Information Processing In Medical Imaging , Visegrad, Hungary,
June 28 - July 2, 1999.
Utrecht List of Conferences in Medical Imaging and Computer Vision
- Variational Calculus and Optimal Control, Springer, John
L. Troutman, Springer-Verlag, 1996
- Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, Manfredo
Perdigao do Carmo, Prentice-Hall, 1976.
- Elements of differential geometry, Richard S. Millman and
George D. Parker, Prentice-Hall, 1977.
- Numerical methods for partial differential equations, William
F. Ames, 3rd ed., Academic Press, 1992.
- Algorithms in C, Robert Sedgewick, 3rd ed.,
Addison-Wesley, 1998 --- fundamentals, data structures, sorting, searching.
- The Finite Element Method --- A First Approach, Alan
J. Davies, Oxford Press, 1980.
- Robot Vision, Berthold K. P. Horn, MIT Press, 1986.
- Introduction to Stochastic processes, Erhan Cinlar,
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented
Software, E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, J. Vlissides,
- Scientific and Engineering C++: An Introduction with Advanced
Techniques and Examples, J. J. Barton and L. R. Nackman,
Special Interest Reference
- Sethian, J. A, ``A fast marching levset method for monotonically
advancing fronts,'' Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 93, 4, pp. 1591-1595, 1996.
- Adalsteinsson, Sethian, ``The fast construction of extension
velocities in level set methods,'' J. Compu. Phys., 148,
pp. 2-22, 1999.
- Adalsteinsson, D., and Sethian, J.A., ``A fast level set method for
propogating interfaces,'' J. Compu. Phys., 118, 2, pp. 269-277, 1995.
Science Citation Index Citations for Papers of Interest
- M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos, ``Snakes - Active Contour Models''
International Journal of Computer Vision, 1(4): 321-331, 1987.
- S. Osher and J. A. Sethian, "Fronts Propagating with Curvature-Dependent
Speed: Algorithms Based on Hamilton-Jacobi Formulations," Journal of
Computational Physics, 79(1): 12-49, 1988.
- R. Malladi, J. A. Sethian, B. C. Vemuri, "Shape modeling with front
propagation: A level set approach," IEEE Transactions on Pattern
Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 17(2): 158-175, Feburary 1995.
- V. Caselles, F. Catte, T. Coll, et al., "A Geometric Model for Active
Contours in Image Processing," Numerische Mathematik, 66(1): 1-31 October
- T. F. Cootes, C. J. Taylor, D. H. Cooper, et al., "
Active Shape Models - Their Training and Application,"
Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 61(1): 38-59,
January 1995. (citations)
Return to Chenyang Xu's Home Page