I started my PhD journey in 2018 at the Image Analysis and Communications Lab (IACL), Johns Hopkins University. My advisor is Dr. Jerry Prince. I was also co-affiliated with the Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, National Institute on Aging (NIA) from 2019--2023, under the supervision of Drs. Susan Resnick and Murat Bilgel. I specialize in pioneering MRI harmonization techniques that facilitate our understanding of brain aging and treatment methods for multiple sclerosis (MS). I have published three book chapters and over 30 journal and conference articles. My works have been recognized internationally, including the Best Poster Award at ACTRIMS Young Scientist Summit, Best MS Research Award (nomination) at CMSC 2023, Best Paper at DALI-MICCAI 2022, Best Poster at IPMI 2021, and Scientific Director Award at NIA Intramural Research Retreat 2020. Beyond my own research, I deeply value the power of knowledge sharing. I have served as a research mentor of the NSF REU program, a research mentor of the IACL, and a four time teaching assistant. I constantly seek and welcome collaborative opportunities that stimulate learning within the realm of medical imaging.
My full CV (last update: 11/07/2023).
- Multi-contrast MRI synthesis and harmonization
- Medical image analysis
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA. Aug 2018 – Jan 2024 (expected)
- M.S.E. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA. Aug 2016 – May 2018
- Thesis: Quality Assurance Using Outlier Detections For Cerebellar Lobule Segmentation. Diss. Johns Hopkins University, 2018.
- B.S. in Instrument Science and Technology, Jilin University, China. Sep 2012 – May 2016
Honors and Awards
Bold fonts indicate sole award recipient or as first author.
- Best Poster Award. (First author) Inconsistent MR acquisition in longitudinal volumetric analysis: impacts and solutions. America's Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ACTRIMS) Young Scientist Summit, 2023.
- Best Paper Award. (Third author) Self-supervised super-resolution for anisotropic MR images with and without slice gap. The 8th Workshop in Simulation and Synthesis in Medical Imaging (SASHIMI) in conjunction with MICCAI 2023.
- Pre-doctoral Intramural Research Training Award. National Institutes of Health, 2019–2023.
- Young Scientist Summit Travel Award. America's Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ACTRIMS) 2023.
- (Finalist) Siebel Scholarship 2024. Siebel Scholar Foundation.
- (Nomination) Best Platform in Multiple Sclerosis Research Award. Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC) Annual Meeting, 2023.
- Best Paper Award. (First author) Disentangling A Single MR Modality. The 2nd Workshop on Data Augmentation, Labeling, and Imperfections (DALI 2022) in conjunction with MICCAI 2022.
- Best Poster Award. (First author) Information-based Disentangled Representation Learning for Unsupervised MR Harmonization. The 27th International Conference on Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI 2021).
- Best Paper Award. (Second author) Variational intensity cross-channel encoder for unsupervised vessel segmentation on OCT angiography. In Medical Imaging: International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE), 2020.
- Scientific Director Award. The 25th Annual National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program Scientific Retreat, 2020.
- (Finalist) Excellence in Teaching Award. Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University. 2019.
Teaching and Mentoring
- Research Mentor, Graduate Independent Study, Johns Hopkins University. Fall 2022, Spring 2023.
- Research Mentor, Undergraduate Independent Study, Johns Hopkins University. Spring 2022.
- Research Mentor, National Science Foundation: Research Experiences for Undergraduates. Summer 2021.
- Teaching Assistant, EN 520.414/520.614 Image Processing and Analysis I, Johns Hopkins University. Fall 2017, Fall 2018.
- Teaching Assistant, EN 520.433/520.623 Medical Image Analysis, Johns Hopkins University. Spring 2018, Spring 2021.