(Coregistration, Adjustment, and Tensor-solving, a Nicely Automated Program)
CATNAP VMWare Distribution
CATNAP Release 3.14b
Fedora Core 6
Matlab R2007a (must provide your own license)
June 21, 2007 Initial release for CATNAP Release 3.14b. (BL)
Step 1. Start the CATNAP Virtual Machine with VMWare Viewer. Log in as user “catnap” with the password “catnap”
Step 2. Start a terminal by clicking on the screen icon along the top of the window.
Step 3. Start Matlab by typing “matlab &”
Step 4. Start catnap by typing CATNAP in Matlab.
Step 5. Click “Add DWI File…” and select the sample “.par” files in the “Sample Data” folder
Step 6. Click “select output path” and select the “processed “ folder within the SampleData folder.
Step 7. Change the scanner type to “3.0” and select the “Philips No Overplus Low” table.
Step 8: Click “Select .m File…” and select an m file to create for scripting.
Step 9. Click “Generate Processing Script”
Step 10. Go to the Matlab window. Change the directory to the same directory as your script file. Run the m file by typing the name of the m file (without “.m”) and press enter.
Step 12. After processing is complete, you may view the images in MIPAV (type “mipav &” in a terminal) or in Matlab.
Step 13: In Mipav, the dti contrasts may be opened as RAW files (256x256x65 at 0.828125x0.828125x2.2 mm).
The following are little endian floating point: FA, ADC, DXX, DXY, DXZ, DYY, DYZ, DZZ, MB0, MDW, eval1, eval2, eval3.
The following are little endian floating point vector: VEC (not easily ready in MIPAV)
The following is ARGB file: CMAP
Be sure to set the image orientation for proper 3D view:
Example of triplanar view in MIPAV:
· Fiber tracking may be done with the FA and VEC files on a Windows Platform. The FSL fiber tracking software is included, but not supported by the CATNAP developers.
· The virtual machine defaults with 256 MB of RAM. You may increase the settings to improve performance.
· The root password is “password”.
· The SampleData are available in already processed form in CATNAP_complete.tar.gz in the SampleData folder.
· If you expose your virtual machine to the network, be sure to change both the user and root passwords.
· To process data, we recommend keeping the data on the host computer and using the “shared folders” feature of VMWare to access the data. (The virtual machine’s hard drive is limited to 16 GB total.)
VMWare 6.0 for Windows Vista
http://www.vmware.com/download (Workstation available with 30 trial. Player is free.)
Create a new “linux kernel 2.6.x” virtual machine with 16 GB hard disk and 256 MB RAM.
Redhat Fedora Code 6
https://www.redhat.com/apps/download/ (SELinux disabled)
Install with “development” package options.
Use yum to include: “xorg-x11-deprecated-libs” “emacs” “htop” “nedit”
Rpm to install openmotif: http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/1/search/openmotif
Matlab R2007a & Signal Processing Toolbox
http://www.mathworks.com/ (Contact your sales representative.)
AFNI (linux xorg7 2007_05_29_1644)
FSL 3.3 (source)
Follow installation instructions. Add all binaries to .bashrc path. Edit CATNAP_defaults.m to set the AFNI path.
Last Updated: Tuesday May 27, 2008
© Copyright 2007, Bennett Landman. All rights reserved.